Central Coast Electronics
Consulting Broadcast Engineer
Lincoln City, Oregon
Central Coast Electronics is equipped to meet the needs of the broadcaster, whether AM, FM or HDTV.
When you are off the air, minutes are dollars, so our Lincoln City location enables you to receive emergency repair services with a minimum of delay.
- Thirty years experience in transmitters and general RF work in FM and TV in a major market.
- FCC compliance measurements for AM and FM stations.
- Extensive experience in transmitter and studio construction.
- Custom programming of remote control systems.
We maintain a data base of station configurations to enable us to analyze your difficulties over the phone. There is NO CHARGE for telephone consultation.
Whether your transmitters are tube-type or solid-state, we've been there and done that... Harris, Collins, Larcan, Broadcast Electronics (BE), Vislink (Microwave Radio Corporation)... we've worked with them all.
Please consider Central Coast Electronics for your broadcast maintenance needs.
Don't go away yet.... if you are not a broadcaster, we may still be able to help you with electronic maintenance needs. We also handle the following:
- Audio Amplifier Repair: Tube-Type or Solid-State
- Amateur Radio Gear Repair: Specializing in tube-type and vintage equipment.
- Antique Radio Electrical Restoration and Repair.
- Marine Electronics Repair
Examples of Technical Papers
Paper on Bessel Null Calculations
Manual for Atomic Clock Interface
Table of Outputs vs. Inputs for a 90 degree Hybrid
Examples of Projects and Repairs
Sample of Statmon Axess OVI (Operator Visual Interface)
We have lots of experience changing tubes. Some examples:
IOT D2100 B
We also do solid-state work:
Larcan PA Module... Close-up of Trouble
Examples of Test Equipment Repair
Cushman CE-6A Service Monitor:
Cushman CE-6A 100 Hz PLL Theory
Cushman CE-6A 100 Hz Loop Alignment Instructions and Engineering Changes
Examples of Amateur Radio Equipment Refurbishment
Heathkit * SB-200 Linear Amplifier:
Filter Capacitor Replacement
Tube Socket Area Work
Additions and Repairs Under the Chassis
Lighting off the SB-200 for the first time after repairs
Testing the Completed Heathkit SB-200 On the Air
Hallicrafters * SR-160 SSB Transceiver and Power Supply:
Cracked meter window
Custom fabricated new window installed.
Power supply after replacing electrolytic capacitors
Evaluating the SR-160 performance using standard two-tone test signal
Checking unwanted sideband attenuation
Checking intermod products (IMD)
Checking for harmonic radiation
Completed Hallicrafters SR-160 and Power Supply after testing on air
Our 'I Love Me' Wall
Note: Certain sensitive data on the FCC licenses has been deliberately obscured.
FCC General Radiotelephone License with Ship Radar Endorsement
FCC Global Maritime Distress and Safety System Maintainers License
Amateur Radio Extra Class License
Golden Mike Award for Technical Services
Larcan Transmitter School Diploma
National Business and Educational Radio Technical Recognition
Surface Mount Soldering School
* Broadcast Electronics and BE are registered trademarks of Broadcast Electronics Corp. CBS is a registered trademark of CBS Corp. Collins is a registered trademark of Rockwell-Collins. Conrac is a registered trademark of Conrac, Inc. U.S.A. GE is a registered trademark of general Electric. Harris and Harris-Gates are registered trademarks of Harris Corp. Hewlett-Packard is now a registered trademark of Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. Larcan is a registered trademark of Larcan, Inc. Canada. Sony is a registered trademark of Sony Corp., Japan. Statmon and Axess are registered trademarks of Statmon Technologies Corp. Tektronix is a registered trademark of Tektronix, Inc. Vislink, Microwave radio Corp. and MRC are registered trademarks of Vislink Plc. Eimac is a registered trademark of Communications & Power Industries LLC. e2v and EEV (Formerly English Electric Valve) are registered trademarks of e2v Technologies. Heathkit is a registered trademark of the Heath Company. Harbach is a registered trademark of Harbach Electronics LLC. Hallicrafters is a registered trademark of the Proffesional Electronics Co., Inc.